Barack Obama says midterms represent chance for sanity

Foellinger on Friday

Image Image

Former President Barack Obama's remarks in his home state of IL came after a almost two-year absence from the political stage, during which he avoided directly criticizing Trump and made a calculated effort not to utter his successor's name.

The Fox & Friends hosts this morning reacted to Obama's big speech yesterday going after Trump and the Republican party, with Ed Henry saying, "Barack Obama decided he wants to make the midterms about 'me'". He is just capitalizing on resentment that politicians have been fanning for years.

Rouda was also happy to see Obama take on Trump more forcefully in the Friday speech.

The former USA leader has a long rivalry with Trump, and the incumbent was key proponent of the conspiracy theory that Obama was not born in the United States, which if true would have rendered him ineligible to hold office.

"The only reason that we have an outsider business man president is because of you", Pirro said of Obama.

"Out of this political darkness I am seeing a great awakening of citizenship all across the country", Obama said.

Casting aside the traditional low profile of a former president, Obama returned to the campaign trail on Friday in IL in an effort to help Democrats running in the upcoming midterm elections.

"It shouldn't be Democratic or Republican to say that we don't target groups of people because of what they look like or how they pray", Obama said.

Obama told a large and enthusiastic crowd in Anaheim, California - in the traditionally Republican stronghold of Orange County - that the nation was "in a challenging moment".

Apple may repair your iPhone 8 free of charge
Apple is expected to launch three iPhones even this year, and one of them is tipped to be an affordable model. Apple's S series typically marks a slight performance improvement over the series it precedes.

The Republican Party of Orange County sent out an email Friday signed by Rep. Mimi Walters, R-Laguna Niguel, encouraging party members "to volunteer at your closest Republican field office to make phone calls or knock on doors" this weekend.

Former President Barack Obama speaks to students at the University of Illinois where he accepted the Paul H. Douglas Award for Ethics in Government on September 7, 2018 in Urbana, Illinois. He said it immediately after a description of the Republican Party's party-wide agenda of making voting more hard for marginalized constituencies, rejecting science, or encouraging the Benghazi-birtherism mania that flourished under his watch.

The Democratic former president assailed Republicans as "unwilling to find the backbone" to challenge Trump head-on - accusing them instead of answering "outrageous" actions with "vague statements of disappointment".

"I found he's very good, very good for sleeping".

Obama also delivered a message via a NowThis video released Saturday urging young people to get out and vote.

"They're not doing us a service by actively promoting 90 percent of the insane stuff that's coming out of this White House, and then saying, 'Don't worry, we're preventing the other 10 percent, '" he said. Obama had reminded voters in his speech that the economic recovery had began under his watch.

He went on to attack the administration's repeal of climate change legislation, saying: "They've made it so that the only nation on earth to pull out of the global climate agreement, it's not North Korea, it's not Syria, it's not Russian Federation or Saudi Arabia". That's how real change starts, Obama said.

Mr Obama is expected to deliver a similar message in another campaign speech in Cleveland on Thursday.

While voters in California stepped it up for Clinton in the 2016 presidential elections, giving her a 4 million vote edge over Trump, Orange County has remained steadfastly Republican.

Latest News