Paula Godwin and her two dogs got up bright and early last Friday morning to hike near 7th Street Carefree Highway.
Godwin provided an update to the pup's condition Sunday, saying her pet is healing from the attack.
The grateful owner posted the story of their snake encounter on Facebook, alongside photographs of Todd's swollen features. Godwin was enjoying the stroll so much, she didn't notice the rattlesnake, which she said she nearly stepped on.
Todd, who is less than a year old, tackled the rattlesnake but ended up getting bitten on the nose.
News of Todd's heroics spread after Godwin's Facebook post showing his injuries went viral.
Todd got bit in the face, but is expected to make a full recovery!
Gareth Southgate defends resting England players for 'biggest game for a decade'
In global football, that's just nearly a desperate call to see a loose team with no understanding of what we're trying to do. As it stands, we seem to be at one with the team.
Godwin took him to the hospital 10 minutes after he was bitten.
She added "Your kindness and support is truly a blessing".
The fundraiser has risen $280 of the $500 goal as of Monday morning.
A GoFundMe has been created on behalf of Todd to help other dogs and owners with anti-venom payments. She said her courageous dog is doing "so well", and she is amazed by how quickly he is recovering from the potentially-deadly bite.
"This is Todd. He saved his human from a rattlesnake yesterday".
In the words of user Lewdicolo: "What a heckin courageous doggo".